14th July 2015 - 0 Comments
The job was to repair the mechanism. It was an old Yale, obsolete.
First of all I wasn't going to strip it out and give the home owner a 4 roller mechanism because that's a downgrade in security.
So I measured it up and hit the trade sites looking for a mech that would be better or do the same job as this one.
Mechanism shown left has no latch and the top deadbolt was intermitent.
The new mech ans a 3 deadbolt Lockmaster.
The deadbolts were longer.
As you can see the mech needed to be fit to the door.
So mortising was required.
As you can see the mech fits snuggly in the door.
The door was cleaned thouroughly before adding the handles.
Now for the frame.
A little trickier.
The frame was reinforced with aluminium and I didn't want to damage the PVC frame.
Look no holes.
The keeps were replaced.
A nice clean job.
I used to old handles.
And finished it off with a Brisant High security locking cylinder.
20th May 2015 - 0 Comments