Disadvantages of an alarm system
- Burglar alarms do not scare the thieves.
- An alarm often promotes a sense of invulnerability.
- Before notify the police an alarm company and monitoring station must notify the home owner guaranteeing a very slow response should your home be burgled.
- Burglars are usualy in and out of the property within 5 to 10 minutes.
- Burglars often work in teams of 2 or 3 scoping the property for an average of 24hours.
- Burglars will target property with poor lock security and will totally disregard the fact that the home is fitted with an alarm system.
- The police consider home alarms as a low priority should they be activated.
- Over 90% of alarms activations are false.
- Wireless alarms can be blocked or hacked to prevent them from activating.
- A determined thief may try and trip the alarm several times to promote complacency.
- The alarms must be armed and disarmed and most burgularies take place during safe mornings when the alarm is disabled.
- Even alarms that go through to a third party or police take to long as the burglar has been and gone by the time their is a response.
- False alarms are caused by pets, faulty or poor installation or even pests and spiders cob webs.
- Many people spend a fortune on an alarm system but spend next to nothing on their door and window locks.
Author A.L.S. Locksmith
Have you got something to say? Why not get involved and share your opinion of this article with the community? Simply use the form below to leave a comment on this article!