Disadvantages of an alarm system
5th February 2016 - 0 Comments
- Burglar alarms do not scare the thieves.
- An alarm often promotes a sense of invulnerability.
- Before notify the police an alarm company and monitoring station must notify the home owner guaranteeing a very slow response should your home be burgled.
- Burglars are usualy in and out of the property within 5 to 10 minutes.
- Burglars often work in teams of 2 or 3 scoping the property for an average of 24hours.
- Burglars will target property with poor lock security and will totally disregard the fact that the home is fitted with an alarm system.
- The police consider home alarms as a low priority should they be activated.
- Over 90% of alarms activations are false.
- Wireless alarms can be blocked or hacked to prevent them from activating.
- A determined thief may try and trip the alarm several times to promote complacency.
- The alarms must be armed and disarmed and most burgularies take place during safe mornings when the alarm is disabled.
- Even alarms that go through to a third party or police take to long as the burglar has been and gone by the time their is a response.
- False alarms are caused by pets, faulty or poor installation or even pests and spiders cob webs.
- Many people spend a fortune on an alarm system but spend next to nothing on their door and window locks.
Author A.L.S. Locksmith
- Lock Facts