How to find a good locksmith
15th January 2016 - 0 Comments
So you're looking for a good locksmith to carry out work on your locks or doors and windows?
- Avoid national companies or franchise companies that charge an hourly rate.
- Avoid companies that charge travelling times.
- Avoid any call out charges.
- Go for a company that provide a no fix no charge service.
- Go for price for job quotes as some jobs may take longer than expected.
- Even if a company has been recommended it is a good idea to check them out.
- Look for public liability insurance.
- Go for companies that have been vetted on sites such as Which Trusted Traders or Checkatrade.
- Look for geniune reviews. Genuine reviews are reviews that appear over time. Reviews that appear in block dates, I.E. all in january may be fake. Reviews take time to accumulate. A typical rate is uaually 2 to 4 reviews per month. Sites like Which trusted trader vet the reviews by contacting the reviewer and verifying the review before adding it to the site.
- Companies that charge no vat are preferable. A company only has to register as vat compliant if it makes more than £81000 P.A. or because it wants to claim back the vat as a Limited company. Remember if they are vat registered then its 20% on top of the asking price.
- Look for knowledge. Try and speak to the locksmith and guage wether he or she is the right individual to carry out the work.
- If they arrive to give a quote. Ask them questions and look for confidence. Only proceed with the work if you are comfortable with what you hear and see.
- Feel free to look further afield. Some companies outside your local area may have a better reputation, have better prices and better customer service. They may even serve your area
Information provided by Affordable Locksmith Service
- ALS Locksmith Glasgow and Dumbarton - UPVC Door Repairs
A.L.S Locksmith Glasgow and Dumbarton specialists in UPVC doors and windows double glazing repairs.
- Locksmith Services